DID YOU KNOW..?
E Waste if not treated properly can result in an environment disaster. It contains heavy metals which when burnt or treated with chemicals, release toxins which are highly carcinogenic.
These toxins and heavy metals, besides the acid often used in their extraction from the e waste, if left untreated penetrate the soil and their run-off including by rain, leads to pollution of water courses and destruction /mutation of marine-life therein. The eventual use, downstream, of this contaminated water “rich” in heavy metals and toxins, for drinking by humans and cattle, and for irrigation of soil used for agriculture and the growing of vegetables results in these toxins entering the food –chain of humans and animals and their consequential poisoning. E Waste is extremely dangerous considering the fact that on the face of it, it does not appear hazardous, but when left untreated or when treated improperly it releases toxins in air and water which are highly toxic, to human, animal and marine life, and resulting in spoilage of the environment.
WHAT ARE WE DOING ABOUT OUR E WASTE..?
FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!